Since we, MDT, are using cookies on our website, clear and mandatory information must be mentioned on this Cookies policy, as set out below.
INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
I. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files, normally consisting of letters and numbers, that MDT places when a user visits its page. A cookie is a text file sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. These cookies, placed on the user’s device (computer, telephone, tablet), can be used to identify or to collect information about him or her.
II. What types of cookies are there?
Cookies can be classified as follows, depending on the owner:
- First-party cookies: Are sent to the user’s computer or device from a computer or domain managed by the editor, and which provides the platform or service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: Are sent to the user’s computer or device from a computer or domain not managed by the editor, but rather by another entity that processes data obtained from the cookies.
Cookies can also be classified depending on the purpose of their placement. Main categories are:
- Strictly necessary cookies (technical): The cookies that allow the user to browse a website, platform or app, and use the various options or services on it (e.g., control traffic, identify data or session, access restricted access sections or content, etc.).
- Functional cookies: Functional cookies help MDT to make the website usable by providing some basic features and remember the preferences and choices of users using MDT’s website (e.g., language, the region from where the service is accessed, etc.). Not accepting cookies may cause slow website performance or poorly adapted recommendations.
Cookies may also be separate in two categories in relation to the period for which they are stored:
- Session cookies. Session cookies allow MDT to recognize and link a user’s actions during a browsing session. When a user goes to the login page, these temporary cookies will be created to determine whether or not the user’s browser accepts cookies.
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies are placed on a user’s device between sessions. They can be used to remember the user’s preferences or actions on MDT’s website. According to the e-Privacy Directive, they should not exceed 12 months.
Cookies in no way give MDT access to your computer or any information other than the data you choose to share with MDT.
Concretely, these cookies help to improve the functioning of the website of MDT and can be used for several purposes:
- Help users connect to a website
- Recognize a user’s device
- Make the website more efficient
- To provide necessary information to MDT